- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 16 oz. canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves (optional – I didn’t have any so didn’t use any)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (or less – I used about 1/4 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. allspice (optional – I didnu2019t have any so didn’t use any)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 2 standard (8.5 x 4.5-inch) loaf pans (or 4 to 5 mini loaf pans depending on what size you are using — don’t fill pans higher than 2/3 full) with butter or non-stick spray.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat sugar and oil together until blended. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Add pumpkin purée and water and mix until blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and allspice. Add to the mixer and mix only until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about an hour (if using standard loaf pans) but start checking for doneness after 45 minutes — the loaves are done when center springs back when touched. Note: When using the small pans, the loaves should be done in under 45 minutes. Start checking after 30 minutes.