Back to Top
- 6 medium potatoes ( 2 pounds)
- 1/2 lb bacon, prepared as in Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1/4 cups salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Drain well.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion, sweet relish and bacon bits.
- Combine mayo, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
- Add mayo mixture to potatoes.
- Toss lightly to coat potato mixture.
- Carefully fold in the chopped eggs.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Bacon bit tip: Partially freeze your package of bacon. Use a sharp knife and cut the frozen bacon into long strips about 1/4 inch wide. Turn the bacon and cut the strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide. You now have perfect raw bacon pieces to fast fry. No need to separate. They will separate during cooking. Perfect bacon bits.