Back to regular programming! I took a mini break from blogging to celebrate with my family for Chinese New Year. Being Vietnamese, my family doesn’t really celebrate any holidays except for Christmas. That’s right, there’s no such thing as Thanksgiving dinner in my family. We do, however, do a little something for Chinese New Year. My whole dad’s side of the family comes down for the weekend and we eat all day long.
Number of Servings: 4
4 tsp brown sugar
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp butter
Dash black pepper
This makes four servings, 3 oz per person
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan
2. Brown the garlic in the butter
3. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding pepper as you like it.
4. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast
5. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
6. Serve with your favorite carb, and veggie or salad. We usually have rice or noodles and carrots or green beans.
- Calories 166.4
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 87.7 mg
- Potassium 173.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g