Back to Top
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak (1/2 inches strips)
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 each garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 each bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Season the steak strips with the pepper and set aside
- In a large skillet , sautee crushed garlic and olive oil together for about 30 seconds then add steak, and brown gently. Careful not to burn the garlic though!
- Add sliced onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook until vegetables are wilted and softened.
- Add diced tomatoes and beef broth.
- Cover, and simmer for about 35-45 minutes.
- Combine water, cornstarch, and soy sauce.
- Stir into steak and cook until thickened.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or in rolls!