“Simply the best and easiest beef brisket there is. Great recipe to make the day before and reheat to serve.”
- 1 (3 pound) beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle tomato-based chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Season the brisket on all sides with salt and pepper, and place in a glass baking dish. Cover with a layer of sliced onions. In a medium bowl, mix together the beer, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Pour over the roast. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 hours in the preheated oven. Remove the aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Let the brisket rest and cool slightly before slicing and returning to the dish. Reheat in the oven with the sauce spooned over the sliced meat.