I recently tried Bang Bang shrimp at the Ground Round. If you don’t have a Ground Round, it’s pretty much like a Ruby Tuesdays type restaurant. On their menu they had this appetizer called Boom Boom Shrimp. Boom Boom shrimp is similar to Bang Bang shrimp. And while we were eating the shrimp we pretty much made fun of the name the whole time.
- 1 lb shrimp (about 50 shrimp), cooked or uncooked. shelled or deveined.
- 10 skewer sticks (optional)
- 3 T chobani plain greek yogurt
- 3 T chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
- 1½ T sweet chili sauce (I used Franks brand)
- ½-3/4 T sriracha sauce
- (If you’re grilling on a grill, be sure to soak wooded skewers a couple minutes in water to avoid burning)
- combine yogurt, onion, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha in a bowl and stir well. set aside. (if you want to make the sauce a bit thicker, do 2 T yogurt and 1 T light mayo)
- place 5 shrimp on each skewer
- If shrimp are raw:
- grill on each side for 5-8 minutes, until opaque and cooked through
- If shrimp are pre-cooked:
- Place shrimp skewers on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes
- Brush each hot skewer liberally with the sauce, on both sides
- serve immediately