- 1 small package (6.5 ounces/6 muffin size) cornbread mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 egg (could use 2 egg whites instead)
- ⅓ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 fat free hot dogs, each one cut into 6 even pieces (I used Hebrew National)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the muffin mix, milk, melted butter, and egg just until moistened. The batter will be lumpy. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling them about ⅔ full.
- Insert a piece of hot dog into the center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite corn dog muffins condiments.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 mini corn dog muffin): 83 calories, 2.2 g fat, 8.3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 2.3 g protein.