- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in chunks
- 1 cup high-quality chicken stock or broth
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup (I use low-sodium)
- ⅛ tsp thyme
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups partially cooked egg noodles (see NOTES)
- 1 cup defrosted frozen peas (see NOTES)
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup defrosted frozen sliced carrots (see NOTES)
- Place chicken, stock, soup and thyme in the slow cooker. Stir to blend the ingredients so the mixture is smooth.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours, high 2 hours (the chicken should be cooked at this point)
- Add the cream, cream cheese and veggies and cook on low 2-3 hours, high 1-2 hours. Times are approximate since all cookers cook differently.
- Add the noodles and cook for an additional 30-60 minutes on either setting.
Noodles should be cooked so there is a “bite” to them–al dente. They will finish cooking in the crock pot.I thaw the peas & carrots on the counter. You could also microwave them for about 1 minute before adding to the crock pot.