A sweet and tangy, super easy, and inexpensive crock pot chicken dish made with pantry staples!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cracked red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken legs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Coat a 5-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of cracked red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper; sauté for about 3 minutes per side, until they have a golden crust. Transfer to slow cooker along with the sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.