This Corn Casserole is really simple to make and is ready to eat in about 30 minutes. You can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze for later. This makes a lot of corn, so it would be great for a cookout, potluck or holiday meal. I like to divide the mixture into two pans and cook one and freeze the second pan for later.
Yield: 8 To 10
- 2 (12-oz) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine one package of corn, eggs, flour, sugar, butter and cayenne pepper. Pulse 3 or 4 times, until corn is creamed. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Add remaining package of corn, 1 cup cheddar cheese and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Pour corn mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining cheese and crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.